Sunday, June 13, 2010

Utah Road Trip - May 2010


Utah sign, originally uploaded by kimberzy.

On May 15, 2010, I headed out for St George, Utah, the first stop on my road trip. I visited Snow Canyon State Park and Zion's Kolob Canyon on this day. The next day, I traveled to Capitol Reef National Park and Goblin Valley State Park, where I camped out for the night. That was a nice warm nite, with the skies dark and full of stars. On May 17th, I made my way to Moab, Utah, where I stayed 2 nights, visiting Canyonlands National Park (both The Island In The Sky and The Needles Districts), Dead Horse Point State Park and Newspaper Rock State Park. The next day, it was off to Arches National Park, where I was met by cloudy skies and thunderstorms. On May 19, 2010, I visited Mesa Verde National Park and Hovenweep National Monument , and camped out at Devil's Canyon Campground near Blanding, Utah. That was a cold night! Brr! The last full day of my trip, I visited Natural Bridges National Monument, Monument Valley (by way of the Moki Dugway), Navajo National Monuement, Johnson Canyon, and Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, where I camped out. On the 21st, I made my way back home. It was an awesome trip! I posted pics and more details of the trip below. Enjoy!

I plan on visiting Mt Lassen National Park in July, and will probably go to the eastern Sierras before then. Maybe a return trip to Arches in September...perhaps. We shall see.

Til next time, happy trails!!!

No comments: