Sunday, June 06, 2010

Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - May 20, 2010

I stayed here the last nite of my trip at the campground. The weather was great and I slept like a log. Didn't get a chance to really go exploring though, since I arrived late in the day and left early in the morning for home.

The park is located in Utah near Zion National Park, between Mt Carmel Junction and Kanab. It is more of an OHV park, since the sand dunes are open to OHV's. But there are hiking opportunities as well. Like the name says, the sand dunes are a kind of coral pink color, which is a striking contrast between the blue skies and green pine trees. Truly a photographer's dream. I wish I was able to get some more pictures of the park, but I just ran out of time. Maybe next time.

Link to check out:
Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park

No comments: