Saturday, March 22, 2008

Death Valley National Park - 3/15/08

I went to Death Valley National Park last Saturday. It started out as a nice day, but it got really cloudy and windy as the afternoon wore on. I got to visit a few spots that I didn't get to visit before: Scotty's Castle, Ubehebe Crater and The Racetrack. I just wish it had been sunnier. I mean, it was cold at Ubehebe Crater!!!

The wildflowers were out in bloom alongside the road from Stovepipe Wells to Furnace Creek, as well as alongside the road to Beatty, NV. I saw many different types: Desert Sunflower, Wild Heliotrope, Parachute Plant, Desert Star and Yellow Cups. It was pretty windy and cloudy so the pictures didn't come out as well as I had hoped. But there is always next time ;)

I posted pictures below.


Links to check out:

Death Valley National Park
Places of Interest in Death Valley
Death Valley Wildflower Reports

No comments: