Sunday, April 04, 2010

San Luis Wildlife Refuge - 3/27/10

I made a brief stop at the San Luis Wildlife Refuge in Los Banos, CA, on the way home from Mt Diablo. I didn't get there til nearly 6 pm and the refuge closes at sunset, so I was only able to make a short drive down the waterfowl drive and then around the Tule Elk enclosure. I saw a lot of birds, including a Great Horned Owl who posed for a photo or 2, and a Great Blue Heron, who literally stood and let me take several pictures before I drove off. Most of the time, they fly away before I can even get the camera in focus - lol. The Tule Elk were near the fence this time, so I was able to take a few pics of them, too. I will have to go back sometime when I have more time, because the place was full of wildlife.

Til then, Happy Trails!

Links to check out:

San Luis Wildlife Refuge Complex
Wikipedia - San Luis Wildlife Refuge Complex

No comments: