Sunday, April 04, 2010

Mt Diablo State Park - Mitchell Canyon Trail - 3/27/10

Mitchell Canyon Trail is part of Mt Diablo State Park in Walnut Creek, California. It is one of my favorite places to hike. The trees provide ample shade, there is a creek that runs alongside the trail, and the wildflowers in the spring are amazing! The Mt Diablo Globe LIly, a rare flower, grows only on Mt Diablo, and a few were blooming along the trail (I found none along the Globe Lily Trail, which was ironic - lol). Along with them, I also found lots of Royal Larkspur, Woodland Stars, Caterpillar Phacelia, California Poppy, and the ever-present Miner's Lettuce, to name a few. I was only able to go about 2 miles and turn back, as it was getting late and I needed to make the 4 hour drive home still. So, I turned back and went on home. But I will be back another day...you can count on that!

Links to Check Out:

California State Parks - Mt Diablo
Mt Diablo Info
Wikipedia - Mt Diablo
Mitchell Canyon Loop

No comments: