Wednesday, May 13, 2009

West Pinnacles - 5/1/09


West Pinnacles - (3), originally uploaded by kimberzy.

I drove to the West Pinnacles on 5/1/09, intending to camp out on the East side of the monument. However, it started raining when I was on the High Peaks trail, and by the time I got to the East Pinnacles, it was pouring. So much for camping plans. I do have to say that of all the places I have been this year so far, the HIgh Peaks Trail at the West Pinnacles has the most variety of wildflowers of them all. Tons of Chinese Houses, Elegant Clarkia, Linanthus, Blue Fiesta Flowers, Larkspur, Wind Poppy, just to name a few, decorated the trail at every step. It was a great trail! Too bad it was so cloudy and rainy. I didn't get to do any of the East Pinnacles trails this time. Maybe next time.

No comments: