Wednesday, January 01, 2014

LA and Orange County birding weekend - 12/30/13 to 12/31/13

Got off to a great start for the New Year, albeit a little early. I went to a few parks for the New Year's "weekend" in the Los Angeles and Orange county areas, including Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve, Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park and Malibu Legacy Park. I found a photographed a lot of birds, including a few lifers for me: Eastern Phoebe and Clapper Rail, and I found another Tropical Kingbird and got a much better pic this time. Always a good thing :) Not to mention that I got to see someone I haven't seen in a long, long time. That, actually, was the highlight of the trip. Seeing the life birds was just icing on the cake. Anyhow, I posted pics below, and also am posting links to the full Flickr albums, as I left a lot of pics out.

Until next time, happy trails!

LA and Orange County birds - 12/30/13 to 12/31/13
LA and Orange County birds - 12/28/13
LA, Orange and Riverside County birds - 12/15/13 to 12/16/13

No comments: