Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lake Merritt - Oakland, CA - 1/28/13

I visited Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA kind of on a whim. I was just going to cross the Golden Gate and travel down to Monterey, but, instead, I thought, "why not?" So I ventured to Oakland instead. And it was worth it! Lakeside Park was awesome. I think I stayed there nearly 5 hours. I could have stayed all day. I mainly went to see the famous Tufted Duck, who is a rare visitor to California, so I could take pictures of course, and add one more bird to my life list. Instead, I was able to add 4 new birds to my life list...the Canvasback, Common Goldeneye, Black Throated Gray Warbler AND the Tufted Duck. Not a bad day for birdwatching :)  I will definitely visit this place again.

I posted some pics below. The full album can be viewed by clicking here: Lake Merritt Flickr photo album. Enjoy!

No comments: