Monday, April 23, 2012

Pinnacles Campground - 4/22/12

My home for the night - lol. It was a great spot. Despite the hot day, the evening was wonderfully cool. Lots of wildlife visited me too. A few cottontail rabbits hopped thru my campsite when I arrived, as well as a bunch of California Quail and a few Mule Deer. Other birds came by too: Western Bluebirds, both California and Spotted Towhees, Black Phoebes, Turkey Vultures and Wild Turkeys, Dark Eyed Juncos, Mourning Doves, White Breasted Nuthatch, Crows, Oak Titmouse, to name a few. After sunset, the sounds of crickets and frogs filled the night, as well as the occasional Barn Owl and Great Horned Owl. And in the morning, I had my very own alarm clock, as a Spotted Towhee was singing its little heart out right above my tent. A little gopher was poking its head out of its hole not 5 feet from my tent too. It was a perfect campsite for a nature dork like me :)

No comments: