Friday, May 13, 2011

Yosemite National Park - 5/13/11

I got up this morning and left Bakersfield around 5:20 this morning and headed out for Yosemite. Made it here just around 4 hours later (there are a few spots where they are doing some construction, so it took a little longer than normal. I checked in at Curry Village around 10 am, and they actually had my tent cabin ready to occupy :)

After putting all my stuff away, I took the Yosemite shuttle to the Mirror Lake trailhead and began my hike. It's not a long hike...only a mile to the lake, and not too steep either. I had some nice weather for the walk, too. Whenever I go to Mirror Lake, I always bring 3 things: my backback, water and my camera. You shouldn't go anywhere in Yosemite without a camera - you never know what you'll see. Trust me ;) Mirror Lake is my favorite spot in Yosemite. It is so pretty. Just a nice place to sit and listen to the birds. I sat there for a while, just enjoying the view and the smell of the pine trees. It was an awesome hike.

So, now I am sitting on the deck of the Curry Village lounge (cuz they have wi-fi here), enjoying the evening, watching the deer feeding not more than 30 feet from me, listening to the evening songs of the birds, and watching the people walking by, and listening to the thunder in the distance (hope no one is up on Half Dome right now!)

Yep, it has been a good day.


.

No comments: