Saturday, August 07, 2010

Audubon Kern River Preserve - 12th Annual Hummingbird Celebration - 8/7/10


IMG_4993, originally uploaded by kimberzy.

I went to the Kern River Preserve on Saturday, August 7th, 2010 for the 12th Annual Hummingbird Celebration. It was a nice warm morning, and the hummingbirds were out on the feeders, despite the crowds of people around. I hadn't seen so many hummingbirds in one spot. It was really nice to see Alison again...she shared her wealth of knowledge about id'ing the birds (but I think I need some more lessons. Looking back at my pics, I can't tell one from another - lol - sorry Ali!) I only stayed for a few hours, but I would like to go back one day soon to get some more pics...my battery died pretty quickly on me. Teaches me not to charge it the night before! Bad me!

I posted a few pics below. Enjoy!

Til next time, happy trails!

No comments: