Monday, April 20, 2009

Sequoia National Park - Lodgepole - April 11, 2009

As you can see, there is still a lot of snow in the higher elevations in Sequoia National Park. The market at Lodgepole is open, but the Lodgepole Visitor Center and the Cafe are still closed. I turned around and went back after I went here.

The fog made for some slow driving. Really slow driving! This one lady in front of me and another car was driving about 15 mph down the road, and she wouldn't pull over in any of the turnouts. Ugh. I thought I was never going to get home! Turnouts are your friend, slow drivers! Ok, my rant is done for now - hehe.

I am definitely going to make a return trip when King's Canyon and Crescent Meadow/Moro Rock Road are open. And hopefully, I will get a sunny day this time!

I posted pics more pics below, and pictures of wildflowers I found here in the foothills and around Springville.

No comments: