Monday, June 16, 2008

Day Trip - Hwy 190 to Kernville, CA

I took a day trip on June 14, 2008 to the mountains again. This time I started near Springville, CA and drove up to Sherman Pass and then back home to Bakersfield, via Mountain Road 99 to Hwy 178. The road twists and turns as it makes its way up the mountain, but the views are spectacular once you get up into the forest. There is no smell quite as wonderful as a pine forest. I took plenty of pictures, but I wish I could bottle up that forest smell and send it on a postcard so my friends can smell it, too - lol. Oh, and the weather was fantastic! Being that it was supposed to reach 102 in Bakersfield, the cool mountain air felt great! There were even patches of snow up near the top of Sherman Pass. Oh....and lots of wildflowers. I am telling you, this summer is going to be great up in the mountains. And it is just getting started.

I posted some pictures below. Enjoy!

No comments: