Saturday, September 10, 2005

San Diego Zoo Trip


On Friday, my mom, my brother and I went to LA, but somewhere along the way, my brother decided he wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo, so we went. I love zoos! They are so much fun. The San Diego Zoo is huge. You need to go early to be able to see everything in one day. We didn't get there til after 1 pm, and it closed at 6, so we only had a few hours. Luckily, they have buses and an Aerial Tram to take you from place to place. But even with these forms of transportation available, you better bring your walking shoes. There are a lot of hills and steps to climb. Oh, and bring a camera. There are tons of photo opportunities.

There are a lot of animals to see. From the African Elephant to the little geckos...from the meat eating lions to the cute little meerkats. There are so many things to see. I think my favorites are the gorillas. They were putting on a show, especially one in particular. He was running to and fro along the glass walls and every once in a while, he would throw himself against the wall, as if to say, "Back off. This is MY home." The orangutans were also in a playful mood. They share their habitat with the siamangs, which are smaller, black apes, looking more like monkeys than apes. They would run up the ropes and swing on them, and then the orangutans would come around and pull them off and climb up the ropes themselves. They seemed to enjoy playing with each other, and they get along well.

I would like to go to the zoo again someday when I have more time to look around. My brother likes the gorillas and polar bears the best, so we spent a lot of time at those places, but he did pay for our tickets and drove us down there, so I am not complaining. We all had a great time.

Link: San Diego Zoo

No comments: