Monday, April 15, 2013

LA Arboretum - 4/13/13


IMG_0405, originally uploaded by kimberzy.
After my volunteer duties with my favorite Free Arts program were over, I visited the LA Arboretum. However, I didn't have long to explore, as I didn't get there til after 3:00, and the park closes at 5:00. Still, I managed to get in a great deal of exploring.

The LA Arboretum and Botanic Garden is located in Arcadia, CA on 301 North Baldwin Ave, across the street from Santa Anita Racetrack. They are open from 9:00 - 5:00 daily. There is an $8 admission fee for adults, $6 for students and seniors, $3 for kids 5-12, and kids under 5 are free. Admission is free for all persons on the 3rd Tuesday of the month as well. Tickets for the tram are $4, but I suggest walking as there is so much to see!

One of the big attractions at the park is the peacock. There are lots of these birds roaming around, and are clearly big hits with the kids and adults alike.

I will have to go back in the near future, as I didn't have a chance to see the rose garden or a lot more of the park, as it was getting late and I had already spent too much time looking at the peacocks - lol. Awesome place.....just awesome.

I posted pics below. Enjoy!

Until next time, happy trails!

Links to check out:
LA Arboretum
LA Arboretum - Wikipedia

No comments: